If an 8-inch stylus-enabled Galaxy Tablet wasn’t your cup of tea, perhaps Samsung’s new seven-inch model will do the trick. The Galaxy Tab 3 has gone official and the third iteration of the company’s first Android tablet arrives with a 1.2GHz processor, 8GB or 16GB of storage (with expansion up to 64GB), a 3- and 1.3-megapixel camera array and a substantial 4,000mAh battery. That 7-inchWSVGA (1,024 x 600) TFT display suggests it’s likely to be a keenly-priced slate, although we’re still waiting to hear on specifics. Samsung’s loaded up the Galaxy Tab 3 with Android 4.1 and says that the WiFi version will launch “globally” in May, while an incoming 3G model (no LTE at this point, but it’ll be able to make calls) will follow in June.
Samsung Unveils GALAXY Tab 3
SEOUL, Korea, April 29, 2013 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today announced the introduction of the GALAXY Tab 3 – 7-inch tablet featuring sleek design and enhanced capabilities that bring capabilities that bring better performance and multimedia experiences to your fingertips.
With the new GALAXY Tab 3, Samsung has evolved its range of innovative tablets, making them smaller and easier to carry, while increasing the user experience overall
• Easy Handgrip and Portability: Its compact, one-hand grip form factor ensures users can hold comfortably for hours as well as store in a pocket or small bag for reading and entertainment on the go. The sleek and stylish design encompasses thinner bezel than the previous GALAXY Tab 2 (7.0).
• Better Multimedia Performance: Powered by a 1.2GHz Dual Core processor, the device allows for faster downloads and sharing, while providing easy access to videos, apps, games, and the web. Offered with either 8/16 of internal storage plus up to 64GB of expandable memory, the device has plenty of space to hold your favorite photos, music, apps, videos and more.
• Enhanced User Experience: The GALAXY Tab 3 7-inch is equipped to better capture life’s moments in stunning clarity and resolution with its 3-megapixel camera rear camera and 1.3 -megapixel front camera. Combined with the latest Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), it allows users to share photos, videos, and life’s special moments through a few quick taps and swipes.
The GALAXY Tab 3 7-inch WiFi version will be available globally beginning May and 3G version will follow in June. The product availability varies by market and will be rolled out gradually.
- Rumored Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (SM-T311) spotted at the Bluetooth SIG (androidauthority.com)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 shows up on Bluetooth SIG (phonearena.com)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 announced, joins the Android tablet line-up with a 7-inch screen (engadget.com)
- The New iPad vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (e2save.com)